GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Cleans and sanitizes all rental equipment meeting ready-to-rent quality standards. Inspects returned equipment for damages, repairs equipment or tags, takes inventory of damaged equipment and notifies supervisor. According to the customer contract, pulls ready-to-rent equipment and places in the correct staging area for delivery. This position will also assist with other warehouse and logistic duties as instructed by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
• Inspects, cleans and maintains equipment as specified by manufacturer and company procedures and quality standards.
• Wraps and packages equipment according to company procedures and quality standards.
• Returns cleaned, wrapped and packaged equipment to the appropriate storage area.
• According to the Customer’s order, pulls and moves equipment to proper staging area for delivery. Performs quality checks on all equipment ensuring accurate counts and equipment is functioning properly.
• Performs all standard safety checks prior to sending equipment out for delivery.
• Assists with accurate loading rental equipment into trucks ensuring that rental equipment is properly loaded and secure to reduce breakage.
• Unloads used rental equipment at company’s warehouse, returning equipment to the correct inspection area or storage area.
• Checks and logs returned equipment according to company procedures.
• Logs broken, damaged, and missing equipment and turns report into supervisor daily.
• Keeps work area neat and orderly at all times.
• Reports safety violations to supervisor.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Complies with company and government safety requirements (including the correct use of Personal
Protective Equipment) and other regulations.
• Attends department, location and safety meetings.
This position has no direct supervisor responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFCATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The job specifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and speak basic English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Regularly communicates with co-workers and supervisor; must be able to exchange accurate information about customer orders, the condition of equipment and the status of an assignment.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight, measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands of the position require the Team Member to:
• Regularly remain in a stationary position, move and traverse to other work areas, ascend/ descend ladders, and position self to clean and repair equipment at heights of floor to 6 feet.
• Regularly carrying, stacking and unstacking of equipment, carrying and moving equipment to the appropriate storage area, and loading and unloading equipment onto handtrucks, lifts, dollys, forklifts and and/or trucks. Must regularly carry, lift, push, pull or move up to 10 pounds to a height of 3 to 5 feet; frequently carry, lift, push, pull or move up to 25 pounds to a height of 3 to 4 feet; and occasionally carry, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the assistance of moving equipment or co-worker to a height of 3 to 4 feet.
• Regularly multi-limb coordination, hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls to inspect, clean, move, open and close equipment.
• Regularly close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus controls to inspect and clean equipment.
• Regularly use of cleaning agents and/or chemicals to clean equipment; personal protective equipment supplied.
The majority of the job tasks are performed indoors in a climate that may or may not be controlled. There is regular use of strong cleaning and disinfecting solutions with Material Safety Data Sheets and personal protective equipment supplied. Performances of duties are regularly around moving mechanical parts, moderate noise levels and dusty conditions.